onsdag den 7. december 2011

I Love..

..that I have some wonderful friends, that have a very different taste in music, but still have some artists in common. Most of my friends are Toriphiles (fans of Tori Amos) and we like to swim around in our love and admiration of her. But every now and then, we do listen to other artists than her. (Okay, I admit, I'm probably the one who listen to Tori, the most. There, I said it).
I like when my friends post videos with an artist, that they really like and it's how I discover so many new artists whom I have never heard of. This evening I discovered the band Frente! Apparently, they have been around since the very early 90's (man, where have I been? In Toriland, I presume!). It's an Australian Alternative Rock band (Rock, really has a wide term these days! I like to think of them as Alternative Pop or just Singer/Songwriter, but that's me!). The front singer Angie Hart, has a very fine, gentle voice. She reminds me a bit of the front singer Meredith Godreau from Gregory And The Hawk. Again, its only my opinion. Yours might think different. Anyway..here is a track with Frente! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



2 kommentarer:

  1. I also love the diversity in taste! I never ever tire of listening to Tori, and so there's often long periods where I do listen to little else(always radio though)... But I do love a lot of other artists and music in general, and when I'm reminded of that I can go off on a long Tori hiatus', rediscovering old artists and exploring new ones. The thing is, if you're a fan of Tori Amos - you're a fan of music.
    P.S OMG Frente - there's a flashback! Accidentally Kelly Street - I'm like 12 again, lol!

    SvarSlet
  2. Yay. A comment :) I agree what you say about being a Tori fan, you're fan of music. Thank you for butting it that way :) Frente! Is so good :) I like that you are like 12 again, when you are having flashback ;)

    SvarSlet